Saturday, January 05, 2008

Sherlock Holmes

We just played a family game of the Sherlock Holmes card game. Three hands played and the youngest member of the family coming out the winner.

I'm beginning to think that either he's supernatural in his game playing abilities or I'm losing "it".

Once again he is crowned "big cheese" and not by a small margin either. His score was zero mine was up in the 70's and the rest of the family close behind that.

How does a child do that? It doesn't seem to matter what game we play, he has the capacity ( or is it luck-capacitors ) to beat me, a full grown well-rouned man.

I'm not the only father to note this. Kids have something. Some "edge" some lever that they use when playing. Maybe it's their fairy god mothers or some such.

I just wish I could get my hands on a couple of bottles of whatever he using!

Ah ha! Now I know why minors arn't allowed to bet on the horses!

No comments: