Friday, February 29, 2008

Backgammon

For a week or more I've been staring at a Backgammon box. Its an old set by SPEARS looks like it's from the 60's or 70's. I picked it up on a whim a few weeks back while pootling through a charity shop.

I've never played the game, but have read a few session reports on BoardGameGeek. So there I was looking through the games shelf and this nice linen textured box called to me and I could not but buy the thing.

It's been sitting in view for a week or so now, and it's been working on my mind. Will I like it? Will it be boring? I've read the half sheet of rules that are in the box and it's a simple dice rolling abstract.

It's kind of teasing me, playing at the back sometimes the front of my mind. Sometime soon I'm going to open the box and actually play the game...

No comments: