Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another Bargain at TK Max

Hired a car for the day ( yep, I only drive 1 day a month ) and got to pop into TKMax which is the clothing shop where I found a bargain copy of Heroscape the other day.

Rootling around in the small corner of the shop where they have the Kids stuff, I found a cheap copy of a card game called "David and Goliath". It looks like a neat game, I pawed (Roar!) over the cards and read the rules. It seems like a very simple game at first glance, but when you look into how it plays there are definitely hidden depths.

It's about collecting cards, but they have to be the right sort of cards to maximise your score. As the cards collected by others are visible, it's possible not only to play for your own scoring, but to deliberately spoil the score of the other players. Thats going to make for a real cut-throat-buddy-stabbing.

Havn't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: