Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Catching up

Yesterday I got a big box of games delivered. It's the first time I've ever had more than one game delivered at a time and yes, it was just like Christmas in May!

What did I get? Is it all of the latest faddy games, the latest hot numbers from the continent? Nope.

It's kind of a catching up delivery, where I get to catch up with the game world for a while. Nothing new here ( well, except maybe one ). I ordered some cool stuff.

Bohnanza : A card game about bean farming. A classic by all accounts and the bean graphics appealed to me.

Lost Cities : Another classic, I'm hoping to get this to the table for me and my wife.

Red November : The newest of the bunch, it's such a silly theme that I'm hoping that the family will enjoy playing. Fingers crossed.

Ticket to Ride : What can I say, I've played this online and loved it. I've been desperately wanting this for years!

Around the World in 80 Days : I loved the book and the simplicity of play looked rather like Ticket to Ride, so I'm hoping it will rub the same itch.

Zooloretto : It has a cute panda on the box, how can it not be great. A flippin PANDA!

Memoir '44 : I already own M44, but this is a second copy. I'm hoping to try the Overlord scenarios now. Additionally I often play the game at work so having one copy there and one at home should make my life easier. The game gets heavy after cycling to work 10 miles!

M44 Air Pack : I need to have more M44!

M44 Eastern Front : I need to have more M44.

So now I've a good few weeks of gaming to wallow in, and I'm soooo looking forward to it. ;)

I ordered the games from Green Knight Games here in the UK and had very prompt delivery, I'm yet again very happy with their service.

No comments: