Tuesday, September 27, 2022

REDD Judge Case Files 001 released

I've just released what I expect to be the first of a series of "Case Files" products to support my REDD Judge game. departing from my usual money-grubbing I've pushed this out as Pay What You Want. I consider it as a promo for the core game/app itself, so if people decide they want it free that's fine by me,

After the first 16 hours on the store it seems to be going well, I've had one person purchase it for the suggest price of 99c, but I've also had three sales of the core game. I call that a win for Pay What You Want marketing.

The Case Files 001 is itself another pocket mod PDF like the original game, and contains 7 cases of crime that the referee can throw at his Judge players. Each case tells you what crime was committed, by whom, their motive, and some expanded details on how the NPCs will react, behave, or sourced the illegal materials. The REDD app that you get with the core rules does something similar but with less details, but this PDF means that the referee doesn't need to have a way to run the app, as its PDF/paper based.

Anyway, based on the sales I've seen so far, I'm encouraged to write a second Case Files to release the next few weeks. Who knows, these might become a regular feature!

No comments: