Wednesday, August 24, 2022

The Doom that Came to Astreas

You know what, I've struggled to open the 5e rule books, as they are just too damn big, but then along comes a 5e product that makes me reconsider. The Doom that Came to Astreas is such a product.  I mean, you only have to look at the cover and if you've ever read a Conan book you'll be immediately hooked like me. Go visit the page at DriveThruRPG and watch the supporting video it shows off some of the cool art.

Its a campaign world ideal for any sword and sorcery gamer with some interesting character races, that go well beyond humans with pointy ears! As well as the mighty human tribe, there are three tribes of humans that have been cursed and mutated into new animalistic races.

The land is being overrun by a red tide of monsters driven by an evil queen. The heroes will have travel beyond their tribal lands, battle the hordes and other nasties and eventually perhaps even face the queen herself.

I've read it cover to cover despite its 192 page length. The Lore is fascinating , and the artwork superb, and that is what kept me reading. I understand the author is planning to include 5e and OSR stats in his next project, so I'm going to be all over that. For now I'll have to OSRify this book myself.

No comments: